Saturday, February 14, 2009

So sorry, but...

Sorry! I haven't posted for like a whole week, but I have a good excuse. Last Wednesday(4th), we found out that my grandpa on my dad's side had died. We had gotten somewhat prepared because he had been struggling w/cancer for several years. So Thursday morning we got up at 4 am and drove 15 hours straight to get to Iowa(where both sets of grandparents live). The next afternoon/evening (Friday) was the visitation, which was quite interesting, since it was my first. The next morning (Saturday) was the fuenral service and the burial. We left the farm on Monday(9th), and got home on Tuesday. It was great to see all my cousins at the same time(at least on my dad's side), which had never happened before. Needless to say, we were wipped out when we got home. After that I had to get caught up with school, which I am thankfully finished with. So that is why I haven't been posting! Here are some pictures from the trip.
All the grandkids. Austin and I are the two oldest, thus the tallest.
The kids were hyper after the lunch which was after the fuenral, except of course Austin and I!

Me with my mom, and one of my aunt and uncles after the visitation.


Lauren, my youngest cousin! Isn't she cute!



At the farm.




2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm really sorry about your grandpa =(

Your little cousin has the biggest, cutest eyes B)

Aly said...

Thanks

Lauren has blue eyes, which you can't tell in the picture!